Alterna® Prepaid Mastercard®
Transfer and Share Money
The AlternaCard App lets you share and transfer money with family and friends. You can share money, card-to-card, in real time with other U.S. Alterna cardholders. You can also transfer money internationally in real time1 from your Alterna Card account to a Referral Card issued by a corresponding bank in Mexico2 and select countries2, or for cash pickup at thousands of locations in select countries5 (International Transfers Coming Soon).
To share or transfer money, login to MYACCOUNT or your AlternaCard App and go to “MOVE MONEY”. You can then select either “SHARE” for within the United States3 or “TRANSFER’ for Mexico and select countries (Transfer Coming Soon). Click Here to watch our instructional video.
How to Enroll Family and Friends
How to Enroll Family & Friends in select countries for Their Own Prepaid Mastercard?2,4 (COMING SOON)At the time of enrollment or after you receive your card, you can enter some basic information for family or friends in Mexico and select countries to assist them in enrolling for their own prepaid Mastercards issued by a corresponding bank.
Follow These Easy Steps
- Receipt of funds is contingent upon connectivity and an approved card issued by the recipient’s bank.
- First National Bank is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse the recipient’s bank nor the card issued by the recipient’s bank.
- For a full list of Fees and Limits please refer to the Cardholder Agreement.
- The bank in the receiving country may impose lower limits.
- This product or service is optional and not a standard feature of this program. This optional offer is not a First National Bank or Mastercard International product or service, nor does First National Bank or Mastercard International endorse this offer.