Alterna® Prepaid Mastercard® - How it Works
The Alterna Card is an app-based bilingual prepaid Mastercard, that provides cross-border financial inclusion through our industry-leading features designed for immigrants, unbanked consumers and anyone looking for a better way to manage their money.
Social Security Number is required for US citizens. Non-U.S. citizens can enroll with Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
The Alterna card allows cardholders to transfer money card-to-card in real time to family and friends in Mexico2 who have a Referral Card LEARN MORE (COMING SOON). Cardholders can also share money in minutes with other Alterna cardholders in the U.S. — Share up to $500 per transaction with other Alterna cardholders for $0.50. To transfer or share money, login to MYACCOUNT on this site or in the AlternaCard App and go to “MOVE MONEY”. You can then select either “TRANSFER” or “SHARE”. See your Cardholder Agreement for details.
Get Started - Alterna® Prepaid Mastercard®
Open an Alterna Card Account
Activate Your Card
✓ Visit www.alternacard.com or Open the AlternaCard App to access your account.
✓ You will be asked to choose a PIN Direct Deposit Your Paycheck. ✓ A direct deposit enrollment form will arrive with your card and can also be obtained by logging into MyAccount or in your AlternaCard App. Simply fill out the form, including your account and routing numbers. and give the form to your employer-it’s that easy!
Load Money Onto Your Card
✓ Set up Direct Deposit of your paycheck or Government Benefits – No Fee5. Learn more.
✓ Load paper checks using the Ingo™ Money6 App, or load from accounts via your Paypal® account, via ACH from a checking account or from another Alterna card account. Fees may apply. Learn more.
✓ At the time you enroll or after you receive the card you can refer Family and Friends for cards issued by partner banks in your home country, as a way to transfer money card-to-card. Learn more COMING SOON.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires that we obtain, verify and record information about each person who opens an account with us. What this means for you: when you open an Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, social security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
- Receipt of funds is contingent upon connectivity and an approved Card issued by the recipient’s bank. First National Bank is not affiliated, nor does it endorse, the recipient’s bank or the card issued by the recipient’s bank. The bank in the receiving country may impose lower limits.
- When you use an ATM, you may be charged an additional fee by the ATM operator or any Network used to complete the transaction (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete the transaction).
- Third-Party fees, standard text messaging fees and/or data rate fees may apply.
- While this feature is available at no cost to you, certain other transaction fees and costs, limitations, terms and conditions are associated with the use of this Card. For more details, see the Cardholder Agreement.