Send Money to Family & Friends in Select Countries Through the AlternaCard App1,2
Alterna is commited to financial inclusion and to the belief that everyone deserves dignity in their financial lives. We are meeting this commitment by providing an industry-leading prepaid reloadable Mastercard program, with specific and powerful features designed to serve the immigrant and unbanked communities. The Alterna Prepaid Mastercard is available to U.S. citizens and also to U.S. residents who do not have a SSN but do have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires that we obtain, verify and record information about each person who opens an account with us. What this means for you: when you open an Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, social security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
- Other countries coming soon. ******* is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse, the recipient’s bank or the card issued by the recipient’s bank.
- Receipt of funds is contingent upon connectivity and an approved Card issued by the recipient’s bank.
- The Monthly Fee is waived if there is at least one electronic direct deposit in the previous calendar month. There is a monthly inactivity fee if there is 90 days of inactivity. See Cardholder Agreement for a full list of fees.
- Approval is contingent upon passing this mandatory identification confirmation.
- For a full list of Fees and Limits, please refer to the Cardholder Agreement.
- This product or service is optional and not a standard feature of this program. This optional offer is not a ******* or Mastercard International product or service, nor does ******* or Mastercard International endorse this offer.